Product Development Coordinator
As a key player on this team, you will spearhead the communication with the vendor community on fabric and maker onboarding, costing, sourcing strategy and style follow up for a set division. You will abide by the quality and standards set up by the company for workmanship and vendor partnerships. You will deliver quality, competitive costing within the framework that meets the company's product standards and social/environmental responsibilities within the global retail landscape. Collaborating with the Design Team, you are the ambassador for their design execution. Your primary output is to deliver a great sample that meets the requirements of our design team and meets all costing, vendor and fabric structure. Emphasis is on proper costing, quality of products and ensuring each proto sample process meets the above.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Apparel/Textile with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role within fashion industry or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge with proprietary software systems.
- Strong understanding of global sourcing trends and strategies and outstanding negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate and understand design, fit and styling intent.
- A strong understanding of the product lifecycle from design to execution.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the final technical package by vendor for sendoff for each item. Participate in all communication related to the above in partnership with the design team and Product Development Manager.
- Work with Design to research and select fabrics, yarns, washes and treatments for the upcoming season.
- Ability to understand design fit and styling intent relative to overall cost of garment and execution.
- Proven experience working within a team environment and collaboration.
- Delivering final IMU targets as set by the business and strategies on how to negotiate each with their respective vendor partners.
- Work with design team on line plan development and updates to capture vision for the season and understanding of cost matrix/brand and costing parameters and value proposition by program.
- Manage all timelines related to development package sendoff and first proto execution and delivery.
- Communicate regularly with design team and play an active role in ensuring all deliverables are met in accordance to company calendar.
- Ability to initiate and adhere to a company design and development calendar and ensure timely and effective communication on product/production status in development stage and SMS stage.
- Collaborating with all departments within the organization to ensure functional adherence to production calendar, timelines and processes.
Please send your resume to Melanie or call (514) 572-6378.