Our client, a global manufacturer of Marketing and Merchandizing products for a variety of industries, seeks a Customer Service, Project Manager to join their team. They create and manufacturer customized and exclusive sampling products and programs specifically tailored for the Residential and Commercial (Office) industry.
The Customer Service Representative will oversee the project coordination, planning, execution, and tracking of specific short and long-term marketing and merchandising projects in an international manufacturing environment. The position requires individual to receive, understand and interpret client product design and creative ideas and translate to engineering for design, manufacturing/production and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
The CSR performs the following duties, including some or all of the following:
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with account and executives, clients, and production facilities
- Create a detailed work plan, which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Coordinate with other organizations (sales, operations, production, art department, engineering, etc.) required to complete the project
- Review the project schedule with clients, account executive, and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities, and revise the schedule as required
- Be the primary interface between the client and the production facilities
- Coordinate with production facilities in Canada, China and Mexico
- Implementation & Control
- Coordinate the project execution according to the project plan communicating status, design concepts, changes, issues, and resolution of project challenges with account executive, clients and production facilities.
- Responsible for the timely passing of critical information such as timelines, client approvals, client artwork, etc.
- Responsible for keeping Account Executive notified of significant issues, potential schedule and cost impacts, potentially affecting the successful project outcome.
- Responsible for completing /updating/reviewing the following documents for coordinating information between factory and client:
- -Update overview/quote with spec changes.
- -Prototype request.
- -3D request
- -Material request
- -Artwork/photography/ tracking sheet
- -Updating master project list
- -Shipping Documents
- Ability to travel, periodically, internationally for factory meetings and training
- Maintain IT artifacts to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented, communicated, secured, and archived
- Monitor and report the progress of the project and make adjustments as required to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Manage communications to update stakeholders (clients, account executive, production facilities, management) on the status of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the client expectations
- Monitor all budgeted project expenditures against quotes and project plans, reporting variances to account executive on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that all financial records (quotes, invoices, change orders, etc.) for the project are tracked and up to date
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required quality level
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Undergraduate Degree in a related subject field preferred
Minimum 3- 5 years of operations planning and/or management experience in a manufacturing or print production environment. Experience managing projects from the client concept phase through pre-production to final production. Supervisory experience and/or directing teams a plus.
Not required, but PMI or related professional certification is desirable
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of project management principles and techniques
- Knowledge and experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Knowledge of print production and/or graphic design
- General knowledge and/or experience in international trade
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: Project Management, Microsoft Office
- Preferable bilingual, but not a requirement, English/Spanish, English/French
Please send your resume to Melanie Diotte or call (514) 572-6378